Interview of a Senior Level Profile
Hi Hitesh. I don't think you can get a really good sense of someone in a single 1 hour meeting, but over time I would want to be asking questions based largely on what you think the main challenges will be for the role. I'm guessing, but in general those would include:
- times when they have had to develop and successfully implement a strategy
- times when they have had to deal with something which technically wasn't part of their role
- times when they have had to collaborate with other teams/businesses to get things done
- times when they have had to operate internationally to get things done
- times when they have had to turn a team/business around
- times when they have had to handle tougher than usual market conditions
- times when they have had to innovate/make major changes
In all of those things I'd want to understand how much they actually did themselves, and how much they enabled/relied on other people, including their own team.
13 months ago
While you are taking interview for senior level officer it is clear that he has certain efficiency which can not be proved in the interview. the efficiency can be seen while he will discharge his responsibility. So more time in round of interview is not justified. However one or two round of interview for one hour duration each with separate interviewers may be sufficient to decide.
13 months ago