- Market Insights
- Government Role
CURRNT MARKET INSIGHTS
A VIRTUAL EXPERT PANEL DISCUSSES THE IMMINENT DISRUPTIONS IMPACTING HEALTHCARE
The pandemic illustrated how little prepared companies were for such a calamity. This group of thought leaders in the healthcare marketing sector explored and discussed the hot topic of a government’s role in a future pandemic.
TOPIC: IF ANOTHER PANDEMIC OR OTHER GLOBAL ISSUES ARISES, HOW BIG A ROLE SHOULD GOVERNMENT TAKE?
SUMMARY - 1 MINUTE READ
STATUS REPORT SUMMARY
Governments across the world are woefully falling short in many ways in relation to the COVID-19 crisis. In a number of countries, the governments had initiated prolonged lockdowns only to give leeway shortly thereafter.
- Culture plays a big role in the eventual solution. Solutions must be tailored and customized to be made palatable to each community.
- Government should prepare for the next pandemic by adopting the latest technology. Digitization not only helps things run smoothly but also helps private institutes support remote workers.
- Government must closely monitor any privacy concerns with respect to proximity tracking COVID apps.
- Evidenced-based research is critical to effective management, and getting buy-in and maintaining compliance are other key factors.
KEY POINTS DISCOVERED DURING THE PANEL DISCUSSION:
- Government's Role in a Pandemic
- Top Down and Bottom Up
- Stop ''Gunslinger Science''
- Proactive role of Governments Needed
- Government Overseeing the Pandemic
- Role of Government
- Bypassing the CDC
- Preparation to go Virtual
- Actively Managing Known & Unforeseeable Crises
FEATURED PANELIST - Vinayak V., COO & P&L Head
1. Government's role in a Pandemic
Extract of Vinayak V.'s insights and opinion:
In the case of a Pandemic, after the current crisis the role of the Government should be more of a path leader in my opinion. Governments must define the response framework based on trigger points in situations leading to a pandemic where the role of first responders, various other stake holders like law and order, Health, Disaster Response force and other think tanks driving the response strategy and initiatives are clearly defined. The infrastructure and financial support along with the requisite training needed could be the prerogative of the Government. Policy frameworks have to be customized to respond and adapt quickly to smooth the efficiency of timely response to curtail impacts of future pandemic. Collaboration at a national and international level involving global experts and other relevant organizational inputs is also an important aspect to be considered..
GET YOUR FULL REPORT
Learn more about SmartGroup™