- Market Insights
CURRNT MARKET INSIGHTS
A VIRTUAL EXPERT PANEL DISCUSSES THE IMMINENT DISRUPTIONS IMPACTING HEALTHCARE MARKETING
As this expert panel of thought leaders is exploring and understanding the latest trends, challenges and customer engagement practices transforming the healthcare marketing landscape they tackled another interesting weekly topic.
THEME 8: IF ANOTHER PANDEMIC OR OTHER GLOBAL ISSUES ARISES, HOW BIG A ROLE SHOULD GOVERNMENT TAKE?
Governments across the world are woefully falling short in many ways in relation to the COVID-19 crisis. In a number of countries, the governments had initiated prolonged lockdowns only to give leeway shortly thereafter.
- Culture plays a big role in the eventual solution. Solutions must be tailored and customized to be made palatable to each community.
- Government should prepare for the next pandemic by adopting the latest technology. Digitization not only helps things run smoothly but also helps private institutes support remote workers.
- Government must closely monitor any privacy concerns with respect to proximity tracking COVID apps.
- Evidenced-based research is critical to effective management, and getting buy-in and maintaining compliance are other key factors.
Key Points discovered during the panel discussion:
- Government's role in a Pandemic
- Top Down and Bottom Up
- Stop ''Gunslinger Science''
- Proactive role of Governments needed
- Government Overseeing the Pandemic
- Role of Government
- Bypassing the CDC
- Preparation to go virtual
- Actively Managing Known & Unforeseeable Crises