2018 main digital trends
That's an interesting question. I never saw so many trends beginning at the same time. I believe in the next year:
- Blockchain technology will be used on incredible applications besides criptocurrency - Microsoft is already offering Blockchain-As-A-Service with Azure;
- Mixed reality will have a new high with the entering of Magic Leap in the game;
- AI in natural language processing for mobile will become very natural allowing seamless conversations with Siri, Google and Alexa;
- Smart Cities and edge computing will be huge, with cities being build up from scratch like Neom in Arabia Saudi;
- Commerce and industry will change drastically with the replace of technologies like Amazon Go and autonomous robots.
I feel they will be in the following order:
IoT devices more within work and home along with smart cities.
AR in the workplace more so within engineering and manufacturing.
AI everywhere, AI as a Service for example allowing more businesses to utilise the solutions without in-house expertise.
Autonomous vehicles and supply transport including a rise in drone usage.
Blockchain and decentralised applications becoming more of a norm.
Improvement on how cryptocurrency is mined which in turn is an improvement on decetralised application hashrates/economical improvements with regards to power consumption.