How would you catalyze an organizational paradigm shift?
We can find myriads of examples of policy resistance against innovation and other change initiatives. Same with human centered design, which finally ends in being surrogate to the business. I assume that the main driver for this value destruction is the embodiment of a fear based paradigm in organizations - amd in society as well, I might say.
How would you think of ways of nudging organizations so that it might catalyze a hope and love based paradigm?
I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. Nevertheless, I would suggest that to catalyze any paradigm shift, one has to show how new paradigm will be better else why to change. Yes, hope is is great thing but one has to prepared to have hope, I guess. Actions make one more hopeful than those are inactive in organizations.
- Develop a new mission and vision [new paradigm].
- Show the gaps of current state to the new mission and vision.
- This includes people [talent and capabilities], partnerships, platforms [strategies], processes, programs [tactics] and performance [execution and expected results] - my 6Ps.
- Identify the steps, business processes and timeline to move the organization towards the new paradigm.
- Create scorecards, track performance and communicate.
This is exactly what I did four years ago to move a 110 year old privately owned, regional dairy to a national small food niche private label and contract manufacturing business.