Find a mentor.
Identify someone that you admire, someone that has achieved extraordinary goals that you aspire to, but also someone with integrity that values people and invest in humanity.
Having the right mentor is like a bridge over troubled water, a lighthouse on the dark horizon, an unspent penny in your pocket, cotton on a sore bruise and word of bravery when facing your giants.
A mentor's wisdom will empower, encourage and embrace your soul.
Today, you have successfully graduated or will be graduating soon, entering into a new phase of life. You all must e filled with anxiety, apprehension and even fear of what future holds for you in store. Nothing new, every body goes through this and so are you.
You are currently at a greater advantage, having the liberty of trying multiple options and figuring out which is best alternative for you. You need to be little risk taker by exploring newer avenues, the traditional ones as well as the lesser known ones.
This is the right time, to realize that winning is not always important. More important question should be what did you learn.
Those with bigger plans have a bigger hurdle to face. Living upto the expectations of others. Society is general wants you to do what they think is best, which usually means avoiding big risks. But, what you need to recognize is that now is the time when you can afford to take those risks.
No matter what you do, always believe in your self and take the jump.
Choose your preferred area, start easy but be motivated and aim high as mentioned by David Cottrell, very high!
Congratulations! You're now entering a new stage of your life. Be authentic, kind, and walk the talk, by aligning your values with your beliefs, thoughts, expressions and actions. Just follow this simple advise and you'll thrive as professionals. Good luck in your endeavors.
Many many congratulations !!
some points i need to discuss with you guys like
- Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable, nobody knows what will happen.
- Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your family.
- Life is short. So plan accordingly.
- Love is nothing but a transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with time and with one's mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be patient, time will wash away your aches and sadness.
- A lot of successful people did not receive a good education, that does not mean that you can be successful by not studying hard! Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life.
- It is the right time to understand studying is different from learning.
- Don't be sad or panic if you won't get job in starting of your carrier ,don't see others just see inside you and promise yourself to try harder next time.
All the very best for you upcoming journey.
Don't be resistant to doing the "dirty hands" or non-glory work, it gives someone an appreciation and understanding of the process when they get to be leaders. I have worked in a variety of production houses for printing, signs, silkscreen, and more. When I have the large budget and short time, I know exactly how to prepare files and artwork that respects the production staff, and my leaders by doing the most efficient job the right way the first time.
There's always someone to learn from, even if they are not driving a Maybach. Aspire to succeed in your career, and strike a balance of accomplishments and kindness. Try to give just as much as you make in "the intangibles" by volunteering, mentoring and providing guidance to others just like you were at one time.
When all else fails, stop, ask, be honest and humble, and make those around you better.
Don't be afraid to fail. You will. Learn from failures. Make sure that whenever you do fail, you’re failing forward.