How not to be tracked online
My solution is to use DuckDuckGo as a search engine and Tor as a browser.
DuckDuckGo does not store information such as IP addresses or personal data. Tor is a network routing system that encrypts your web traffic and attempts to disguise your identity and location. By using Tor you can have access to the dark web too.
Which is your solution? Are you doing something different? And in case, did you have positive results?
1. Clean your Internet browsing history after every use.
2. Create specific passwords for each account.
4. Use Tor and a Linux Live Image, like Tails.
5. Don’t reply to suspicious emails and never accept friendship requests from people you don’t personally know.
6. Encrypt your email messages.
7. Use a burner laptop and cell phone.
8. Use Bitcoins.
9. Don’t post overly personal details anywhere online.
10. Read all the fine print.
11. Pay attention to your privacy settings and updates to privacy options.
17 months ago
Always take care when online to carefully terms and condition and your purposes is right or not. and in right place or not.
17 months ago
DuckDuckGo is a good idea - though they still have to work more on search efficiency.
Unfortunately there is no full proof system on internet where you can say - Do not track me - other than dark web ( However even that is not true). Also, there is a lot of agencies and compliance who wants "User" to be tracked at least to avoid phishing. hack or threat attacks. This is a bidirectional road.
The other point is - why a user wants to behave like a ghost user on internet ? Not always for personal privacy reasons. I understand privacy related to location and PII data ( that is anyway protected by law hence you can see in your apps/os and in browsers ). Most of the time ghost users behavior is fishy too.
I would say following kind of things can give you some sort of relax - again, not from all the sites. If you search something security related or illegal by law - security agencies ask providers to provide the source. If your so called ghost server/ proxy server is not able to provide that, that may consider as malware or spam for other security tools in next release :).
- HTTPS / TLS 2
- No session or cookie storage / no local data storage
- No location access / accessories access through browser and app